- Parent Delight: Does the agency have a strong commitment to ensuring Resource Parents feel supported and are happy as foster parents, while treating resource parents as equal partners, and is this reflected in their policies and programs?
- Technological Support: Does the agency utilize state-of-the-art technology to facilitate real-time updates and seamless communication between resource parents and the agency?
- Training Programs: Does the agency offer compassionate and respectful training to equip you for the challenges and rewards of foster care?
- Financial Transparency: Is the agency transparent about the financial aspects of foster care, including monthly reimbursements tailored to the child’s needs and the services you provide?
- Reimbursement Rates: Does the agency offer reimbursement rates that are competitive or even higher than the state-required minimum?
- Incentivized Training: Are there financial incentives or stipends for resource parents who complete additional training hours annually?
- Psychological Support: Does the agency provide specialized psychological or counseling services specifically for resource parents?
- Advocacy: Will the agency advocate for you in the placement process and ensure that you are considered for future placements?
- Partnership Focus: Does the agency view you as a vital partner in the mission of providing homes for children rather than just another applicant?
- Additional Perks: Does the agency offer exclusive programs or benefits like massage or spa treatments or concierge services to enhance your well-being and experience as a resource parent?
- Transparency in Placement: Does the agency have a transparent placement protocol that keeps you informed throughout the process?
- We Go to You: Does the agency offer the flexibility of coming to you for meetings, evaluations, or training sessions?
- Flexible Training Options: Can you meet your annual training requirements through a combination of in-person or online training?
- On-Demand Orientation: Is orientation offered on-demand, allowing you to start the process at your convenience rather than waiting for a scheduled day?
- Unique Programs: Does the agency offer unique programs to care for children with diverse needs and provide appropriate compensation of up to $6,000 per month for one child?
Total Points: ______
Scoring Interpretation: Yes = 1; No = 0
- 14-15 Points: This agency is highly aligned with your needs and values, making it an excellent choice for you as a resource parent.
- 11-13 Points: The agency meets a majority of your criteria and is likely a good fit. You may inquire further about the areas where it didn’t score to determine if those are crucial for you.
- 8-10 Points: The agency meets some of your needs but may lack in important areas. Consider other options or discuss your needs with the agency to see if they can be met.
- 4-7 Points: The agency fulfills some criteria but is missing key elements that are important to you. It’s advisable to look into other agencies that better align with your needs.
- 0-3 Points: This agency does not seem to align well with your needs and values. Exploring other options would be highly recommended.
The score provides a general guideline; however, some questions may hold more weight for you personally. Therefore, consider the importance of each question in the context of your own priorities when making your final decision.